RECIPES

Abstraccion-de-mar-Sea-abstraction

Abstracción de mar (Sea abstraction)



INGREDIENTS FOR 4 

Iodine seaweed stock:

  • 60 g of onions
  • 40 g of carrots
  • 2 bulbs of garlic
  • 30 g of leek
  • 50 g of kombu seaweed
  • 2 peppercorns
  • 0.5 kg of cockles
  • 0.5 kg of mussels
  • 200 g of chicken legs, browned
  • 12 oysters (3 per person)
  • 4.5 l of water

sherry Tremella fungi:

  • 16 tremella fungi (4 per person)
  • Seaweed marinade:
  • 200 ml of mineral water
  • 50 ml of rice vinegar
  • 6 tbsp. of soy sauce
  • Sugar and salt glaze

Seaweed:

  • Kombu
  • Sea lettuce
  • Wakame and wakame shoots
  • Mugs Irish spaghetti
  • Dulse
  • Arame
  • Hijiki

Tiger nuts:

  • 25 g of Dried tiger nuts
  • 20 ml of olive oil (mild-flavored)
  • Rind of 1 ripe lemon
  • One stalk of 1 g of lemon grass
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 3 black peppercorns

Thick rice vinegar syrup:

  • 20 g of sugar
  • 2 ml of rice vinegar
  • 3 l of rice vinegar
  • 50 g of neutral apple pectin gelatin

Others:

  • 4 slices of smoked white tuna (1 per person)
  • 6 drops of tiger nut oil (using dropper)
  • 3 salt flakes (per person)

PREPARATION

Iodine seaweed stock:
Mix all the ingredients, except for the oysters, and cook for 12 hours. Let stand, strain and use 25% for the serving dish. Keep the other 75% for cooking the tremella fungi.

Tremella fungi:
Blanch in boiling water for 10 min. Cook in the remaining iodine seaweed stock in a covered pot at 90 ºC for 2 hours. Carefully remove the tremella fungi stock.

Seaweed marinade:
Prepare the marinade stock by mixing all the ingredients and set aside. Cook the necessary seaweed in water for 3 hours and set aside. Marinate the seaweed with the stock and let stand.

Tiger nuts:
Vacuum pack the dried tiger nuts with water, salt, olive oil and one clove of garlic. Cook in the Roner at 61 ºC for 8 hours. Let stand for another 8 hours.

Thick rice vinegar syrup:
Make caramel using sugar and 20 ml of rice vinegar to prevent it from crystallizing. Once it begins to turn golden brown, add the remaining 3 l of vinegar and cook until you get 80 ml of stock. Remove from heat and mix in the neutral apple pectin gelatin.

FINISHING AND PRESENTATION

Pour the 25% of the set aside iodine seaweed stock onto the bottom of the dish. Place the seaweed marinade, oysters and tiger nuts in the center. Arrange the tremella fungi clockwise (at 1, 4 and 8 o'clock) and top each tremella with 3 salt flakes. Place a slice of white tuna cut in half on either side of the seaweed marinade, tiger nuts and oysters. Finish by sprinkling the dish with the drops of tiger nut oil.

ES